Has the Torah (the Law) Been Corrupted, As Muslims Claim?


  If Jeremiah was, in fact, saying in Jeremiah 8 that the Torah had been forever corrupted -- as Muslims claim -- then why on earth would he keep talking about the Torah for at least another 36 chapters?

  All Scripture references below are from the Complete Jewish Bible:

 4 So tell them that this is what Adonai says: “If you will not pay attention to me and live according to my Torah, which I have given you,
Jeremiah 26

32 “For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Isra’el after those days,” says Adonai: “I will put my Torah within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God, and they will be my people.
Jeremiah 31

23 They entered and took possession of it; but they did not pay attention to your voice, did not live according to your Torah, and did nothing of all you ordered them to do. Therefore you made this complete disaster befall them —
Jeremiah 32

10 To this day they remain unhumbled; they have not been afraid, and they have not lived according to my Torah or my regulations that I presented to you and your ancestors.’
Jeremiah 44

23 It is because you offered incense, sinned against Adonai, didn’t listen to what Adonai said, and didn’t live by his Torah, regulations and instructions that this disaster has befallen you, as it is today.”
Jeremiah 44


  To the unbiased mind, it is obvious that Jeremiah wasn't speaking of a changing of the text, but a twisting of its teachings, as we can see in the second graphic above.

  But here is one more verse that Muslims always love to quote to Christians which shows that they, too, are twisting God's Word as the lying scribes did in Jeremiah's day. This one comes from the lips of Jesus:

17 “Don’t think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete."
Matthew 5

  If the Torah had been corrupted, why does the Lord Jesus say He didn't come to abolish it? Clearly, it was still very much around and in the same condition that Moses had left it in: completely intact.
  
Jesus is LORD!  

  See also:

  How Has the Bible Changed Through the Millennia?
    https://apologika.blogspot.com/2015/07/how-has-bible-changed-through-millennia.html

  Why So Many Bible Versions?
    https://apologika.blogspot.com/2015/04/why-so-many-bible-versions.html
  
  Comparing the Bible and Quranic Manuscripts
    https://apologika.blogspot.com/2014/04/comparing-bible-and-quranic-manuscripts.html



Comments