What is the Basis for Your Beliefs?
1) confirmation of the Bible by the Only Perfect and Sinless Man Who ever walked the earth, Jesus Christ
2) multiple eyewitness testimonies of the life, crucifixion, death and ascension of Jesus Christ
3) confirmation and eyewitness testimony from the Apostles, disciples of the Apostles and the first generations of followers of Jesus Christ
4) confirmation from the many hundreds of Bible prophecies spoken from hundreds to thousands of years before their fulfillment
5) multiple attestation from the 40 different writers whose testimonies are recorded in the Bible and whose message remained constant despite the 1,500 years between them
6) confirmation from Christian, Roman, Jewish and secular historians
7) confirmation from science
9) confirmation from the accuracy of the geography mentioned in the Bible
10) confirmation from the accuracy of the names and dates mentioned in the Bible
11) confirmation from the changed lives of the apostles and disciples of Jesus
12) the miracles, signs and wonders that followed those who worship YHWH and His Christ
13) the preservation of the Word of God despite harassment and persecution from the enemies of God and His people
Experts say the New Testament is the best attested book of ancient history. New confirmation of its accuracy continues to be found today, more than 1,900 years later.
What is the Muslim basis for belief in the teachings of Islam?
There is no #2 or #3 or #4.
He is all they have.
Muslims are stuck with the testimony of only one extremely fallible man for everything they believe.
Think about it:
Who said Muhammad was a prophet?
Muhammad's wife Khadijah, whose testimony is invalid under Islam because she is a woman, and therefore her testimony is worth only half that of a man.
Who said Jibril was sent to Muhammad by God?
Who confirmed that Jibril was sent to Muhammad?
Who confirmed that the Quran is the word of god?
Who said that God's name is Allah?
Who confirmed that God's name is Allah?
Who said Allah had told him that Muhammad would not be able to do miracles?
Who said he would die by the cutting off of his aorta if all of the above was false?
Who died saying he felt like God was cutting off his aorta?
Can you see the problem with the basis for all Islamic beliefs?
It all depends on the testimony of one man.
A man who brought them not one single, solitary miracle to prove that God had sent him.
A man who told them he could be found in the Scriptures of the Jews and Christians but, when you look for him, he is not there.
Is it any wonder that Muslims are commanded not to ask questions?
Wake up, Muslims! Start asking questions and don't stop until you meet Jesus, Who said,
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 (italics mine)
Why believe Jesus instead of Muhammad?
Because, apart from the other confirmations already mentioned above, Jesus walked on water, calmed the storm, fed thousands with a few loaves and fish, gave sight to the blind, healed all the sick who came to Him, raised people from the dead, and raised Himself from the dead, just as He had said He would do.
Jesus lived a totally sinless life, and was a living, breathing, walking and talking Perfect Model of the loving God of the Bible.
“For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
But Jesus didn't just talk about His love for you. He died to demonstrate it:
"... God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!" Romans 5:8
If you still need further evidence of His love, just ask Jesus. He will answer you.