Jesus the Bread of Life

  Jesus makes some very startling statements in the Gospels. We find one of them in John 6. 

  The context: Jesus had just fed about 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish. The next day, when some of them came to Him seeking more free miracle food, He offered them something much more valuable: 

32 Jesus said to them, “I assure you: Moses didn’t give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the real bread from heaven. 

33 For the bread of God is the One who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34 Then they said, “Sir, give us this bread always!”
  

35 “I am the bread of life,” Jesus told them. “No one who comes to Me will ever be hungry, and no one who believes in Me will ever be thirsty again. 

36 But as I told you, you’ve seen Me, and yet you do not believe.


37 Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out. 


38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 


39 This is the will of Him who sent Me: that I should lose none of those He has given Me but should raise them up on the last day.


40 For this is the will of My Father: that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6


  How could a mere mortal say such things about himself?

  No mere man can say he has come down from heaven, or that he can give life to the world.

  "No one who comes to Me will ever be hungry or thirsty again?"

  No mere man can provide the spiritual food and drink that will keep our spirits alive. 

  "Those who believe in Me, I will raise up on the last day?"

  No mere man can claim the power to resurrect the dead, if we have faith in him.

  These are not the words of an ordinary man.


  These are not the words of a mere prophet.



  But Jesus is no ordinary man.


  Jesus is no mere prophet.

Jesus is YHWH GOD!


  See also:

    Jesus the Vine 

    http://apologika.blogspot.com/2014/05/jesus-vine.html



Comments